Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 1 update

Update:
Down 2 lbs from last week. 2 lbs is great, but I’m not shocked as this is pretty normal for simply exercising and eating healthier. I’m not on a crazy diet, so 2lbs is about right, right?

What I’ve been doing this week:
I’ve been eating really healthy. I had a salad every day for lunch last week except for Friday (had pho), and breakfasts have mostly been either whole grain cheerios with almond milk or a fruit smoothie. All of last week we ate what I had planned, except again for Friday (ok, Saturday too). I kind of dropped the ball on healthy eating on Friday and Saturday, although when we had Arby’s for lunch on Saturday, I skipped the fries (it’s something, right?).

Also happy to report, that aside from an industry event on Thursday evening, I only enjoyed one glass of wine on Saturday and one on Sunday. This is probably one of the hardest things for me to give up, because when I think of my happy place, I think of sitting in my living room (favourite room of the house) or on our newly built and furnished deck, with dim lights and something to read or someone to chat with and a sipping on a big ‘ol glass of wine…nom.

On the exercise front:
I can proudly say that I went to booty camp both times this week (Monday and Wednesday) and then did the shred on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I’m really trying to SMILE as I exercise because I’ve heard if you smile, you’ll “teach” yourself to enjoy it…here’s hoping…

A few things that surprised me from last week:
I didn’t actually get tired of the salads for lunch, as has been the case in the past, although I am trying to change the way I think about food, and not necessarily eat because it’s an enjoyable thing to do, but rather fueling my body with things my body needs to work efficiently. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy (ok, love) food, but I don’t need to love every meal I have…I guess…

This week:
I’ll be doing pretty much the same this week as I did last week, and already off to a good start with booty camp last night and the shred this morning, and healthy meals all around. I’m already looking forward to the end of booty camp to see my difference in measurements (and no, not because I want it over and done with J ).

Keep cheering me on in the background – I swear I can hear it!

1 comment:

  1. This is insane!! I just gave myself the same challenge and selected the same blog name. When I decided to google my new blog, I found yours! Started my challenge one week ago and have one blog post up. Very best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete